We welcome you to our yoga studio in a safe and responsible manner, please follow our Studio Corona Protocol when you visit the studio. All our studio classes are livestreamed as well, so you can also follow the classes live online, for those who do not pass the Health Check to come to the studio, or simply if you prefer online. Also the Birth Preparation Course can be offered online for the same reasons.
Our Prenatal Yoga classes cater the needs of women from 14-42 weeks of pregnancy (so from 14 weeks until birth) and include physical-, breathing-, and relaxation exercises that support your physical well-being during the pregnancy, and also practice for birth preparation. The classes are suitable for women with little to no yoga experience, but also for women more experienced with yoga.
The Prenatal Yoga classes are therapeutic; the exercises focus on preventing or bringing relief to a wide range of pregnancy related complaints, like pelvic girdle pain (bekkengordelpijn, bekkeninstabiliteit), (lower) back pain, sciatica (ischias), sensitive wrists, pain in feet and ankles, restless legs, problems with sleep / lying in bed comfortably, headaches, oedema (swellings), heartburn etc..
We encourage you to join the Prenatal Yoga classes on a continuous-regular weekly basis as soon as you can from 14 weeks onwards, since many of the practices that we teach including the specific practices for birth preparation are suitable from early on in the second trimester and are best assimilated over time - and on a regular basis - rather than just in late pregnancy.
The classes are 1.5hr, and are bi-lingual (English/Dutch).
In addition to the regular weekly Prenatal Yoga classes, towards the end of your pregnancy (i.e. from 34-36 weeks onwards), we offer a 6 hrs Birth Preparation (Voorbereiding op de Bevalling) Course (split in 2 parts of 3 hrs each) for you and your birth-partner (the person who will accompany you during labour) to help you prepare for birth / labour. Here the yoga practices taught in the classes are brought together effectively to support all the phases of the labour process, incl. all kinds of exercises you can do in the different stages of your labour to bring relief and comfort and to help you going through your contractions, relieving massages by your partner, various poses for giving birth (with or without partner), breathing techniques that help you breath comfortably through the contractions and actual pushing, as well as the various techniques for pushing the baby out. The course is being offered to 2-4 couples max at a time, so that we can give you and your partner lots of personal attention, and train and prepare you in the most optimal way that suits your needs.
Also we share birth stories in class from the new mums about their pregnancy & delivery experiences to exchange these experiences with you.
Alltogether we offer you the complete practice and preparation you need to go safely and with as little complaints as possible through your pregnancy, and subsequently prepare you optimally for labour / the birthing process. In the meantime you will experience a nice and pregnancy-safe physical work out during the classes, keeping the body fit and healthy during pregnancy, as well as lots of tools to relax deeply e.g. through breathing techniques!
Dates & Timings
The Prenatal Yoga Classes take place on Tuesdays from 18.15-19.45h. See our Class Schedule. Doors open 5 minutes before class. For your first class we ask you to sign up at least 1 day before your class for your online registration and (medical) intake.
In the yoga studio we have yoga mats and props (blocks, belts, bolsters, blankets) available. Feel free though to bring your own mat. For extra comfort you can additionally bring a warm shawl or personal blanket to class yourself. Dress in comfortably sitting sports or yoga clothes, with some warm options too like a sweater and warm socks. A water bottle and a towel may be useful too. Lastly, just as with normal yoga class, do not practice yoga on a full stomach! (Note when corona infections run high in our society, for hygiene reasons you might have to bring your own mat & props to the studio - please always follow our Studio Corona Protocol).
Subscription & Payment
- For the Prenatal Yoga classes you can either pay for a single class which is € 21 or buy a 10 class card: € 175 (€ 17,50 per class) which is 3 months valid (so taking into account you might miss a class here and there). Payment for the single classes and class cards goes via bank transfer, preferably no cash transactions in the studio. You can book your card online by filling in the booking form under Classes-Prices.
- Please note that if you currently have a normal class card that is still valid you can use it for the Prenatal Yoga classes (if you currently have a cheaper class card, we ask you to pay the difference extra per class).
- In case you got classes left on your class card when due, we will freeze your card and make it valid for 6 months after giving birth for our postnatal- and regular yoga classes. So your classes will never be lost!
- The class card excludes the Birth Preparation Course. This additionally offered 6 hrs course (split in 2 parts of 3 hrs each) with your birth-partner costs € 175 per couple. This course is regularly being done when you are 34-36 weeks. We ask you to contact us sufficiently ahead of time to plan the course dates with you.
- A number of insurance companies reimburse the Prenatal Yoga classes and the Birth Preparation Course, partly or in total - depending on your insurance policy. If they reimburse we will make a Proof of Payment for your insurance company.
- After that for all classes we ask you to pre-register and reserve your spot. For the evening classes before 16h, for the morning classes the evening before until 21h. If you need to cancel your class subscription you can do that free of charge before 16h/21h, after that we will charge you for your class. When you subscribe for a class let us know whether you would like to join in the studio or online.