Kids Yoga is Yoga for children in the age of 6-12.
Kids Yoga is a natural and healthy way for children to exercise, play, relax, focus, and strengthen their mind, body, and spirit connection. It includes simple animated postures of Hatha Yoga, basic stretching exercises, Yoga games, simple breathing exercises, deep relaxation, Mantra singing, story-telling, Yoga philosophy, and also drawing.
Kids Yoga is brought in an animated, dynamic, and playful way well-suited for children, who by nature are creative, imaginative, expressive, outgoing, dynamic, curious, and also sincere and serious at the same time. Children are quick, agile, they learn fast, and love variety and novelty.
At YogaYatra we find it a true pleasure and extremely inspiring to work with children, because they remind us as adults how important it is to reconnect with the child within ourselves; unconditioned, open and enthusiastic to everything that life is offering us.
To get an impression of a Kids Yoga class by YogaYatra click here.
Yoga has many benefits for children that help them in their everyday lives at school, at home, and with their friends:
- Calm and balanced mind
- Strong and flexible body
- Posture improves
- Movement, Coordination and Body Awareness improve
- Learning about basic Anatomy (the names of different body parts, their locations, and function)
- Learning about animals and nature
- Learning how to focus, relax and develop self-control
- Concentration and learning efficiency improve
- Overall feeling of well-being increases
- Inner strength, confidence, self-esteem, self-awareness
- Emotional balance
- Encouragement of social skills and social awareness, children learn to talk and share about their bodies, experiences, and emotions
- Social adjustment increases as Yoga is Noncompetitive, and process-oriented; children learn to respect and love others and seeing everyone as equal
Yoga and its Benefits.
Given these benefits Kids Yoga is therefore considered therapeutic, and has helped with hyperactivity, ADHD, Autism, and children’s overall health and well-being.
Kids Yoga is suitable for all children. For children with a handicap, the postures can be adapted if so needed.